The City of North Las Vegas (City) uses social media to communicate matters of public interest and to provide information about City programs and initiatives to the City’s residents and visitors. The City’s social media pages (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Nextdoor) allow for two-way communication between the City and members of the public. We encourage the public to submit comments that are on topic to the items posted on the City’s social media pages.
The content and comments expressed on the City’s social media pages only reflect those of the author of the applicable content or comment and do not necessarily reflect the official views of the City, its elected officials, its appointed officers, or its employees. Additionally, “Likes” by a City-run social media page of posts on other user’s pages does not indicate City endorsement of content on that user's social media page.
Posts and comments by users on the City’s social media pages are not to be considered the opinion of the City, nor does the City endorse any third party comments on these pages unless explicitly specified.
Users who comment on any posts on the City’s social media pages agree that they have read, understand, and accept the following terms and conditions of such use.
I am submitting content voluntarily and on my own behalf.
The content I post reflects my own original thoughts or work.
I understand that the City has the right to repost or share any content, photos, or video that I submit on a City social media page.
I understand that a City social media page should not be used to report crimes or emergencies. If I have an emergency, I will dial 911 immediately. If I need to report a crime in progress that is not an emergency, I will call 311 or North Las Vegas Police Department Dispatch at (702) 633-9111.
I understand that any content I provide on a City social media page may be considered a public record under Nevada law.
I understand that any content I provide on a City social media page is subject to archiving by the City.
I understand that that any content I provide on a City social media page is subject to removal in whole or in part if the post or comment:
- Is off-topic or out of context
- Contains advertisements or promotions of commercial products/services of any kind
- Is repetitive or duplicative of previous posts or comments
- Contains hyperlinks to external websites
- Links to content posted by automatic software programs (e.g., bots)
- Uses profanity
- Contains obscenity, including but not limited to sexual or pornographic content
- Contains any form of hate speech or promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation
- Is threatening or harassing
- Depicts, promotes, or encourages violence or other illegal activities
- Contains information that could compromise the safety or security of law enforcement
- Contains information that could compromise the safety or security of the public including but not limited to displaying personal identifying information