The Southern Nevada Health District has expanded eligibility for who can receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Beginning March 2, employees who fall under the “Frontline Community Support” and “Frontline Supply Chain and Logistics” categories can now be vaccinated. Appointments are available at the City's vaccination POD at Canyon Springs High School.
Newly-eligible employment classifications include:
FRONTLINE COMMUNITY SUPPORT
- Essential public transportation (including rideshare drivers and car dealership staff)
FRONTLINE SUPPLY CHAIN & LOGISTICS
- Agriculture and Food Processing
- End-to-end Essential Goods Supply Chain, including:
- Sale of essential items (including grocery, big box, and hardware store staff)
- Utilities and Communications Infrastructure
- Nevada Department of Transportation and Local Emergency Road Personnel
- Frontline Airport Operations
- Other Essential Transportation
Those who are eligible can sign up for an appointment now at vaxnlv.com. Appointments may also be made over the phone at 702-342-8417, although callers may experience long wait times based on increased call volume. Please note, in order to be vaccinated, proof of employment (ex: paystub, employee ID) in one of these fields is required.
In addition to these new classifications, registration is also ongoing for the classifications that have already opened up, including healthcare workers, public safety employees and other frontline community support personnel. Those who are at least 65 years of age can also register to be vaccinated.
For more information on current vaccine eligibility, please refer to the Southern Nevada Health District’s vaccine distribution page.